Its hard to believe that yesterday was my official due date and she's already been here for almost 3 weeks! I'm so glad I'm not still pregnant! I cant even imagine how my feet would look right now if I was. Talk about misery. It took 2 whole weeks AFTER having a baby for them to return to normal! Ugh. So just a few observations I've made in the past few weeks of mommydom:
My baby poops constantly. Almost every diaper change! Its the right color and everything and I know they say thats pretty common for breastfed babies to poop a lot but her little booty is so red. I promise I dont just let her sit in it for hours on end or anything. So I've started putting Desitin on her too. I dont know how to make it any better for her :( She does go bare a little everyday but thats pretty dangerous lol. Yesterday alone she peed/pooped on the changing pad cover, 2 blankets, and 3 outfits. Mostly by going while I was in the middle of changing her.
I wake up drenched in sweat or milk a lot of nights. Usually both. I read that its normal with all the hormone changes to sweat a lot the first few weeks after having a baby but geez. Talk about gross, the last place I want to sweat is in my nice bed while I'm sleeping! Also, I bought the silicone nursing pads Lilypadz that are re-usable and supposed to be awesome but I am trying to use all the cotton ones that I have before using those. I may not make it much longer though cause the cotton ones move and shift and clearly dont protect from leaks when you are sleeping. TMI? Sorry.
Oh the tears. I havent cried just a whole lot but I can tell my hormones are def making me more of a sap lately. I have cried like twice having one of those "I cant believe that just 2 weeks ago this little person was inside of me!: moments. Also, when I'm holding her and we get into a little staring competition. I wonder what shes thinking etc. She looks like a little monkey girl I love it! I guess I was right on decorating her nursery with jungle babies and little girl monkeys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Beautiful, Ryan! Motherhood is sch an amazing journey, even with the sweat, poop and tears. :)
ReplyDelete