Friday, March 11, 2011

Falling Behind

Well, most of you that read this are close friends, although I know there are a few anonymous secret readers out there that arent...I havent blogged lately because I had a baby! 3 weeks early at that! My due date is still technically 4 days from now, crazy! So glad I am no longer pregnant. Its true what they say, the last month is horrible.

So one Monday I went in for my weekly appointment and my doc said my blood pressure was way too high, that there was no way I'd make it to my due date and put me on bed rest and sent me to the hospital for some testing to make sure everything with bambino was ok. It was, can't wait to get the bill for those few hours of fun, especially after how much the last 3 hour adventure there cost :( Anyways, went back on Wed of that week and my blood pressure was still ridiculous and of course, my feet at this point had been swollen 24/7 for about 3 weeks straight. So my doc said "yeah I think we need to have a baby..." so I was like "like this weekend?" and she replied "no like tomorrow, I want you to check in tonight to get cervadel (sp? a cervix prepper) and we'll start pitocin tomorrow morning." Ok at this point I'm thinking OMG WTF?! So I call B and say "hey we're having a baby tomorrow" and after a few times of telling him "no I really am serious...yes checking in tonight" type things he finally believed me. So we frantically spent the rest of that day going crazy trying to prep to go and make sure other things got done. THANK GOD I cleaned my house really well that weekend prior! Of course one thing on the to do list that did not get done: install carseat. Crap! So B had to get that done before we left as well.

So labor: Ha, what an experience. There really is NO way to prepare for that! I didnt take any child birth classes and I'm glad I didnt because it would have been a total waste of money! I got my epidural (amazing) around 1pm and could still feel things on my left side. By this point my contractions were serious and so I was feeling them all in this one concentrated area and omg it was painful. I was crying. Finally, the doc came back in to re-do it and then all was well. I was a little frustrated seeing as how I got to 10 cm by 1pm that day and they said "ok lets start pushing" so we shooed everyone out thinking here we go and no one came back for about an hour. Pushing commenced around 3pm and we would push for a min or so and then take a 30 min break, sometimes 45 mins. I was getting annoyed. She was born at 6:35pm on Thurs. Feb 24th (still trying to get used to that seeing as how this WHOLE time I thought I was going to have a March baby). She was 7 lbs, 20 in and looks like a little monkey. I knew there was a reason I gravitated towards the girl monkey decor.

They used the vacuum to help pull her down to get her out and it bruised her head pretty badly. This made her more vunerable to jaundice, which we also got and had to go back to the hospital for 2 days. Blah. So sick of that place. She's better now but has lost more weight so now I'm supposed to supplement formula every other feeding. Surprisingly, her head is totally healed now just 2 weeks later. It looked almost normal except for some scabs within the first week! When I first saw her head I was like omg my baby is doomed to wear hats for months! But its all better now. Everyday is an experience, some better than others. I can't wait till we arent on an every 3 hour feeding schedule and she sleeps in longer intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment