Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Boozin Up the Holidays


I want to know your opinion of drinking at family functions on the holidays? I'm not saying lets roll out a keg, but maybe wine? I keep reading all these articles about which wines go with what Thanksgiving foods and so I know some folks out there do it. What's the best way to integrate this without looking like a boozer? I'm not saying people in our family don't drink, I know they do, but what is it about family functions that keep people from doing it?

It's fear of that crazy person/persons isn't it? That one relative that will get drunk and make it all awkward and messy? I actually think it would make things interesting and humorous but...that's me. So...who drinks at family functions?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan ! I didn't know you had a blog! I just found you through Katie! Great stuff though. "I'm sure the juice is worth the squeeze." You're so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We drink! When we have holidays at my moms house we always start the day off with Mimosas. At my Dad's we do champagne at midnight on Christmas eve but Debbie always has wine throughout the day at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete