Thursday, September 9, 2010

The thank you note is a lost art

I've said it many times, I still believe in the "thank you" note. I know I'm not the only one either! People don't seem to understand how important those little things are. I still send them to people who I've interviewed with, to people who gave me gifts, who did random things for me. Hell, my new job is sending thank you notes! Well they are tax statements/thank you letters. I send "thank you's" for a living! To me, if you don't send one, it gives off the impression that you are lazy. Sorry its true. I know a few people who gave themselves the "year" that supposedly you have to send out your wedding thank you's and that year turned into more than that, and believe me some people said a year later, "you know I never did get a thank you from so and so...." Yeah people remember that. And who made up the timelines for gift thank you's anyways? I say 6-8 weeks tops, whether its a baby shower gift, wedding gift, whatever. After that, it becomes irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment