Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bed rest day 1

BORING!!! Ugh. So I managed to gain 9 lbs (pause for horror) since last week and I'm pretty sure its all in my feet. They literally hurt when standing for more than a few mins, horrible feeling. My doc said my face looked puffy and my usually normal blood pressure was 162/110. So she wanted to send me next door to the hospital for some tests to rule out pre-clampsia, etc. (Pretty sure that few hours will end up costing me $600 just like last time-yay!)

So I call B and off I went to let them draw blood and take my blood pressure about 35 times. My bp was WAY better laying down then even sitting in the bed so...I was told to go home and lay down. Also I get to trap my pee for 24 hrs and go back to the doc tomorrow with a jug. I am currently trying to figure out how I am going to carry that around without grossing people out.

Good news/scary news is: the doc thinks I will not be going another 3 weeks at this rate cause the swelling and whatnot are good indicators that its going to be sooner rather than later. Still trying to mentally prepare for that! We would ideally like her to still hold off another week or so but, we'll see what happens when I go back tomorrow!

In the meantime, if I'm going to be put on bed rest the rest of the time, I'm seriously going to need something to do. I feel so fat and lazy already and laying around isn't helping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment