Monday, October 25, 2010

Oh tummy

I am exhausted from this weekend even though in hindsight I really didn't do much. My stomach is like ok enough because I have eaten out a lot this past week. On Wed we did a goodbye lunch at Pei Wei for the new girl. I had never been to Pei Wei but was excited to see they offered gluten free sweet and sour chicken. It was yummy. I feel that I have been eating more Asian food since I've been pregnant than ever before. Not that I didn't like it before but I'll take Mexican anytime. Lately, it hasnt been that way though.

I had Thursday and Friday off so Thursday morning I met a friend for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I think its been 10 years since I've eaten there but they had a apple streusel french toast that was to die for. Sooo good. I want it again. Thursday night a friend came into town and we went with B to try 5 Guys which was voted like the best burger in the country. Overrated. And not cheap. For 2 burgers and an order of fries and 2 drinks it was $18. I like Chapps better. Oh Chapps, how I miss you so.... Friday we went to this outlet mall that everyone always wants to go to when they visit here. While we were out we ate Wendy's. Then Saturday night B and I were out running errands and just happened to be by a Pei Wei so we ate there. I know, thats a lot of sodium for 1 week. Oops. I did not eat out at all yesterday though, for one its seriously added up these last few days and 2, I'm sure my baby needs better food. So last night we ate some chicken, with gluten free penne and organic pasta sauce.

For those of you looking for a reasonable organic spaghetti sauce, Kroger has it. It was a large jar and only $2.99. Even at Walmart most of the organic sauces are $6-8 so this was a steal! They also have a better selection of gluten free pastas as well. Most places only carry gluten free angel hair pasta or spaghetti.

I also need to watch it on the Halloween candy this week. Candy is such a rip off. Its definately cheaper to buy a bag of 120 pieces (of the good stuff) for $9.98 at Sam's then to buy a 70 piece bag for the same price at Target. And those 2 for $5 deals aren't great either. Those bags have like 30 pieces in it. I did see at the grocery store this weekend you could buy a large bag of individually bagged baby carrots for trick-or-treaters. While thats a nice idea for your kids lunch, do you really want to be known as the house that hands out baby carrots?

No comments:

Post a Comment