Monday, March 21, 2011
Pump Snobs
So after taking the breastfeeding class at the hospital and working with a few lactation consultants while in the hospital, I thought they were such breast pump snobs. Obviously the hospital has a contract with Medela so they use all Medela products and convince you that they are the best. And when they ask (multiple times I was asked might I add) what pump you have and you say anything else, they go "oh...well you know those dont have a good reputation..." and so on. Yes, thank you, I've heard it from almost all of you at this point. My sister was only able to breastfeed for 3 weeks because she ended up having to supplement formua so much it was pointless to nurse so she gave me hers. It worked just fine until about week 2 and it started making sad noises and eventually would lose all suction. Boo. So after reading reviews of that one that was $90 wondering should I just buy another one of these? The reviews were all consistent with my experience, it lost suction. So I knew I was gonna have to suck it up and buy a fancy Medela one. Ideally, I would like my baby to be on breast milk at least the first 6 months so, rather than renting one for $60 a month, it works out better to just suck it up and buy one. So I did, the $279 Medela one. I can just see all those snooty lactation consultants saying "I told you so". Not that they arent fabulous, cause seriously I would be so lost if it werent for them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh I feel you. I bought two of the cheaper ones and they both sucked! I will be buying the Medela next time around.
ReplyDelete