My little girl is 3 months old! It feels like its been way longer and then again it feels like 5 mins. Everyone keeps saying "enjoy this time with her it goes so fast". Trust me I am. I was trying to recall things from her first month and last month and just thinking "wow she has really changed!"
If I haven't already told you, she has what's called hemangioma. It is a non-permanent birthmark on her face. She wasn't born with it but it started to appear around 3 weeks old. It will eventually go away but it may take years. I've heard everything from 2-10 years. Its most common in female, white babies who are born early. Well, thats her. It started out as a few red dots on one side of her chin and then got a little darker. I remember the first time the doctor said "it will probably get worse before it gets better..." I wasn't really sure what to expect. It has grown and spread some. Looking at how much its changed in about 9 weeks I'm scared to see the final outcome. It is a very dark red, and like me she is fair skinned so it really shows up on her sweet little face. The internet says the growth stage is the first 8 months, my doc said the first year. I guess its somewhere in between. But like I said, as much as its grown in the past 9 weeks I can't imagine it in 5-9 more months :( People aren't always tactful when they ask about it either. I usually get "what happened?" or "what's wrong with her face?" I hate having to explain it over and over again. I hate that people will stare at her. I fear that if its not faded when she starts school she will get teased. I realize compared to ALL the things that she could've been born with this is nothing but still.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment