Thursday, August 12, 2010

The latest news

So I think pretty much everyone knows now that we are expecting a baby. Whoo! The news is out. Its exciting and scary. I never really even thought about how my pregnancy would impact others. Evidently it did, and tears were shed. Some cried happy tears and others cried sad tears, for themselves not me. Whirlwind I tell ya. I have not really had morning sickness. There have been times I've felt like throwing up for sure. That hasn't happened in a few weeks (knock on wood) so maybe now we're out of the woods on that one. I have had some cravings though. In the beginning it was bananas, anything with bananas. That quickly passed. I used to eat eggs everyday for breakfast then I felt repulsed by them. Then I realized it was more the bell peppers I used to put in the eggs that I was repulsed by. So eggs are ok again. I do love bagels and peanut butter though. I really eat a lot of fruit, I've found it also seems to keep the afternoon bloating away also. I look in the mirror at least once a day and the word "gross" comes to mind. I've been told once I start feeling movement and getting rounder the word gross will be replaced with "wow". We'll see about that I guess. So far I've gained about 4 pounds and I really hope to make it out of the first trimester without gaining more than 5! 2 weeks to go on that one. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. :) Second trimester is a breeze. That's when you'll feel amazing. Then the third trimester hits...when you start looking at salad tongs as a self delivery tool you've arrived! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop worrying about the weight gain right now!! Enjoy it!! And yes that gross feeling will most likely go away with the first trimester.

    ReplyDelete