Monday, November 8, 2010

Scary Night

So...this weekend we were out of town, we went home to DFW. Saturday afternoon my chest and back were bothering me and it seemed to get worse if I ate. I didn't finish my dinner Saturday night or my lunch on Sunday because it just hurt. So I figured it was gas related. On the drive home yesterday I was hurting still. We got home at like 7:30pm and I felt a little better but noticed I was spotting. It wasn't a lot or dark in color so I wasn't too concerned but of course went straight to the internet to read up on if this was common. Some people said yes as long as you still felt movement there probably wasn't too much cause for concern. So then I started thinking, the last time I felt her move was like 3pm that day. I laid down in a few different positions for awhile to see if I could feel anything and I didn't. The next few times I went to the bathroom I noticed a little more and then I saw bright red. Now I'm freaked out! So I call the on call doc and he says to go to the ER to get checked out.

Now its 10:30pm and we are headed to the ER. When you are over 20 weeks pregnant they automatically admit you to straight to Labor & Delivery. The nurse puts me in a wheel chair and races me across the hospital. This does not help my nerves! So we get there and they check me out, do an exam, hook me up to monitors to see if I'm having any contractions. 2 nurses said that this is common with a UTI and it can cause bleeding. I have had to pee a lot lately but I thought it was part of the game so didn't think that it might be something else. So I spend a few hours laying there watching Grey's reruns while they send my stuff off to the lab etc. Turns out, it was nothing. Not even a UTI. Everything was fine. I'm happy to hear this news but then frustrated because WHY did that happen in the first place? Will it happen again? They said if it does to come back. I have a follow up with my doc tomorrow, maybe she can give me some more insight.

We got home close to 2am and we were both dead tired. I came in to work at 10am today so I could at least get some decent amount of sleep. Poor B toughed it out and went in at regular time. He'll be asleep by 8pm tonight I'm sure! Today I'm fine, no back aches, no bleeding. That was so random.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ryan!! How scary! I'm so sorry yall had to deal with that. Hopefully your doc will know a little more.

    ReplyDelete