Monday, November 1, 2010

Seriously?!

I feel like this has become the bitching blog. Sorry, I don't want to bitch everytime I blog but I am still daily truly appalled by some things people say. So...I've been a little hesitant in telling everyone the name I think we've chosen for our baby because frankly I don't want to hear their opinions. And like I've said before people can't seem to not tell you how many people they know with that name etc. So I really just want to avoid those conversations. And you know if its not immediately followed up by a comment like "oh thats cute" or something they put on this sour face that tells you they don't like it. Not that I care if you like it, but can you please try to control your look of disgust? Also, and this is a "well duh" statement but I guess some people forget, that different cultures, races, etc like different names. So when you tell me you are naming your daughter Esperanza do I make a face? No!

Case and point: a co-worker asked me and I told her and she said "no!" It wasn't a "no, I wanted to use that name..." or anything like that cause she already has kids, it was just an outright "no". HOW are you going to tell someone no? Now I totally get why an old co-worker didn't want to tell anyone the name they chose until it was born. I'm not keeping it top secret information or anything. Certain people know. I just figure for that very reason I don't think I'll be announcing it to the world.

1 comment:

  1. Ok....now I want to know! We have a Coen and a Wallace and we've considered Creedence so I've gotten the looks before too!

    ReplyDelete