Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dress Me Up

So...my mission for this weekend is to find a dress. A dress that can a) fit my current bod b) I can wear to B's football banquet so dressy but not too dressy and c)that I can possibly wear to one of my baby showers- so a casual dress that can be worn to a banquet. Hmm. I may be setting myself up for failure here but I'm gonna find this unicorn of a dress...I think. I'm hoping for a cute sweater dress. We go to the football banquet every year because they do things fancy here and its held at a hotel where a 4 course meal is served and this happens to be the same hotel that our gala and other events are held at and the food is awesome. So yes please, I would like a free dinner. Also, the football booster club gives every coach, etc a $150 Best Buy gift card. Yes please, I'll take your free gifts! So, its worth giving up 3-4 hrs of my Sunday night I guess.

My 2nd dress predicament is with a bridesmaid dress. The wedding is in September. But for those of you other pro bridesmaids you know they tell you worst case scenario it could take 12 weeks for your dress to come in yadda yadda, when usually it takes 3-4. So the dress needs to be ordered by the end of May. Now, it has to be purchased at this store in Arlington. I won't be around Arlington not pregnant till like June or something. So, at this point, I'm not exactly sure how to order and what size to order. I don't want to guess a size thats 2 sizes bigger and then my boobs get out of control big and it doesnt fit or something. Then again, I dont want to order like 4 sizes bigger and have to have a ton taken in. Hmmm... Of course I'm not going to order till the last minute but even then, if I'm not in Arlington to try on the dress, not sure what size to get.

1 comment:

  1. Order the same size bridesmaid dress that you have ordered before. You will drop weight pretty quickly after the baby gets here. Even if you haven't dropped all of it you just won't have to have the dress taken in as much.

    ReplyDelete