Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Picky
This sounds terrible but I'm just being honest: some babies I've seen lately are not cute. I know to the parent they are perfect and the cutest kid ever but if the first word that comes to my mind is "oh" followed by "look at that" or something similar, the word cute doesnt follow. Yes my friend and I determined that a long time ago. If someone looks at a baby and points out the obvious like "look at you!....look at that outfit!" they are just being nice and avoiding telling you its cute. I have a cousin that has a baby that looks nothing like her, rather but exactly like the low life dad who's currently in prison. Again, cute, doesnt come to mind. I know I know, not everyone will think my kid is cute but I'm sure I will. My co-worker tells me to talk to my stomach and say all the things I want her to have, looks, personality traits, etc. She rubs her belly (she's pregnant too) and says "I want you to have your daddys teeth but my hair..." etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I didn't think Coen was cute when I first saw him. I was terrified and thought, "Well, this is it. You have an ugly baby and have to love him anyway." That was seconds after he was born, but minutes later he was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. He had his quirks, a HUGE overbite and black hair all over his body that I still noticed, but they just didn't matter. Newborns are never pretty...just being honest! ;) I hope your little girl has your red hair!! :D
ReplyDelete