Friday, February 11, 2011

Blissfully Unaware

So...its occured to me recently that I seem to be blissfully unaware of a lot of potential issues that can go on during birth. This is sort of a good thing cause I guess I don't know about some things and so I don't worry about them. However, this is a bad thing because I don't know about them and what if the situation happens to me? This all started with that new show "One Born Every Minute" on Lifetime. The commercials made it out to be like more comedic reality tv but its really just kind of blah.

Anyways, so on the episode I watched the woman had pushed for over 2 hours and they were saying she had the turtle issue going on, in that the head would start to come out but go back in and this to the nurses was indicating that the shoulders might be too big, which indicated some problem called shoulder something-or-other. Never have I heard of this but evidently shoulders getting stuck is a serious issue because there could be nerve damage of the arm which could equal paralysis, death for the baby and other issues. So this poor woman is exhausted because she is getting nowhere and there is a nurse practically sitting on top of her at one point trying to pull that baby out and when they finally do they are calling the NICU and the baby is quiet etc. Eventually, everything is good and the baby cries much to everyones relief.

So now I'm wondering, should I be more concerned? Should I be reading more on the internet about all the things that could go wrong? I know it will just freak me out but I guess I would freak out if (knock on wood) something happens to us and I had never known whatever could be a problem, etc.

Sounds kind of vain but at this point, I guess most of my concerns have been with the possibility of things tearing and extreme hemoroids and things along those lines.

I pray for a healthy, mentally and physically, baby with no complications on my end or her end.

No comments:

Post a Comment