Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oh the weather outside is weather...

Any Forgetting Sarah Marshall fans out there? Piopi? No? K.
It's cold here. Evidently not as cold as it is back home in the DFW area, who had their 5th snow day within a week. That's pretty much unheard of. Never in all my years living there did we ever get more than 2 days in a row. One thing that is kind of funny though is that I don't think any of those poor kids thought at the time, they get to make up those days at school lol.

Let's see this week has been a busy one. Let me run down the list of goings on:
-Got summoned for jury duty for March 7th. (FYI-Don't do what I did and run your mouth saying out loud "I've never been called!" cause it will happen. Stupid Karma. )Yeah see that won't work seeing as how I could possibly have a baby by then! So, had to track down the right person at the district clerks office to find out what exactly I had to do to get out of that one. Just need a doctors note! Sweet!
-Finally making some progress with our neighbors and realty company on getting the fence fixed. Seems like after 2 1/2 years everyone is ready to get on with it already.
-Hoping that there is no more ice here or at home this weekend so I can drive up tomorrow for our rescheduled family baby shower. Fingers crossed!
-I joined a book club! Virtually that is. Since I'm not there to attend meetings and whatnot, the girls started a group on FB so I can still be up to speed on the selections and the goings on.
-I finally got up the nerve to ask my boss if it was possible for me to work from home for a few weeks in May. Seeing as how technically my leave is up about 4 weeks before B is out for the summer. We didn't really want to pay the money to put her in daycare for 4 weeks just to take her out again for 3 months. So...we got some things worked out and I am blessed to have a very understanding boss and CEO who are willing to help me on this cause it was approved! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for a fence and getting to work at home!!!

    ReplyDelete