Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 79 Back in the swing of things

Vacation is over and I am back at work-boo :( But man on man am I glad to be back around my own food, and in control! Granted the first few days weren't bad because we stayed with Katie and Dan and we were walking or hiking and eating healtier. But after we headed out for Savannah it was all over from there. Then we were dependent on eating on 3 meals a day, how quickly that can make you feel like crap!

Sunday night we ate outstanding Mexican food and had some ritas, but I went on a long walk that night with Katie around her crazy hilly neighborhood. My butt was thanking me. Monday we went and hiked up Stone Mountain in the morning. Again, my butt was feeling it. That was quite a hike! Then that afternoon we went wine tasting. We earned it. Tuesday we went to the World of Coca Cola and Peidmont Park. Wednesday we headed out to Savannah where we took in Chick Fil-a, pizza, more wine tasting and Paula Deen's all in one day. Oh and some amazing prailines at the candy store. Thats enough to make anyones stomach ache, but have you met my stomach? We don't get along ever. (Well, thats not true. These past few months as I have been eating less carbs my stomach and I have been getting along. I really think its the less carbs means less gluten aspect.) Anywho, Paula Deen's is overrated. Its good but its not amazing and they have people line the streets and come out and ring a dinner bell. I felt like a cow that was being herded to the trough. Needless to say, when insted of dinner rolls a restaurant brings out pancakes and biscuits, you know you arent going to be eating salad! Yeah so...like I said, when you have to eat out 3 meals a day, you def don't want to put on the swim suit and go out in public. Also, people in Hilton Head don't believe in cover ups. Seriously everyone big and small just walked around in their swim suit. One woman even went to the bar at night wearing her swim suit and thats it. Interesting. Its like they are uber confident people.

So today its back on the regular eating schedule and if I can wade through the waves of laundry in my house, maybe even a workout tonight. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment