Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Hour

I don't know why I was still counting days-vacation is over so...I'm going to stop doing that. Let me start by saying I RARELY ever catch Happy Hour. Not that I don't love me some cheap drinks, but especially these last few months, drinking a butt load of calories and stuffing my face havent sounded to tempting. So last night we had some friends passing through town and we decided to take them to Lupe Tortilla. I freakin love that place. When B first came down here for his interview a few years ago some friends took us there and this was pretty much the only thing I was looking forward to when I knew we would be moving to the Houston area. The margaritas are fab and the food is awesome. They always have all you can eat fajitas on Mon and Tues and of course we never go. Let me just say, I found out for the mere price of $15.95 (which is the same as it is for fajitas anytime) you get all you can eat fajitas, plus a cheese enchilada, and queso. Now even though the "all you can eat" part is wasted on me because yeah right I'm not going to order more I can't eat that much, but I will take some free queso so give me the fajitas please! Did I mention their beef fajitas are amazeballs? To top it off those fab margaritas I was talking about were only $3, yes please! When I stepped on the scale this morning, it kindly reminded me that this is not something I can do all the time. Evidently I gained about a pound and a half of fun last night. Crap!

It was so good having our friends James and Kathy visit. I haven't seen her since Christmas and even though I'll be seeing her more in the next month or so thanks to Bridget's wedding, I'll take some extra Kathy time. They were coming to Houston on the way back to Arlington from New Orleans. They had nothing but fabulous things to say about New Orleans and couldn't stop talking about how much fun they had. I'll admit, I have grown more anxious to visit NOLA over the last year or so. I used to have a not so good opinion of it but after knowing several of my friends who have visited post Katrina, and befriending a NOLA native, my opinion has changed. They had stayed at this haunted B&B on a plantation and were showing us their creepy pics. You know how they say if you take a pic of something and there is an orb its a ghost or spirit? They had some pics that literally looked like it was snowing there were so many orbs! Seriously. They even had a pic of what looks like a guy coming at you. Very creepy! They took a pic of the same thing in the daylight and there is nothing there. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night :(

No comments:

Post a Comment