Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's official...I guess

Houston refuses to let go of the death grip it has on us. Keep trying to get away and it just won't let that happen. Warning: I punched Positive Polly in the face last night so this is going to be an angry, emotional, negative post, there are no flowers and sunshine here. B interviewed last week for a job back home. The interview went really well (his 2nd up there this summer) and they said on Wed. they anticipated a decision by the end of the week, maybe early this week. Well, its Wed. now and B says if they haven't called by now he didn't get it. Do people not call or email those polite "we're sorry we've decided to go a different way..." emails/calls anymore? Have a heart people. They probably know from experience what its like waiting nervously for days to find out if you got the job, they can't at least remember that and give people some closure?! B is taking this much better than I am I'll say that. I spontaneously burst into tears several times yesterday, last night and this morning. I don't want to be here anymore. We said 2 years here and then we want to move home. The scariest part is, there were so many, I mean pretty much every district he would even consider working for in DFW had an opening this year. And out of all those jobs, he got 2 interviews and no call backs. So...how long is this going to go on? I can't waste the money renting a house for 5 more years till something finally works out. I refuse to buy a house here cause we don't want to stay here. This is NOT where we belong. I hate the traffic, the weather, the crime, the people are ghetto. WHY can't this happen for us? WHEN will this happen for us? Its not like we have a bad life here by any means, but we want to go home. I can't handle driving 4 hours to and from everytime we go home. God forbid anyone should come visit us-cause that doesnt happen. There are always more important things for them to do. Well, I guess I've decided that if it not that big of a deal for you to ever even CONSIDER coming here to see me, from now on the people that were priorities to see when we were in town are being re-evaluated. I don't want to hear things like "oh it just wasn't meant to be...the right thing will come along..." I realize that but it doesnt make the situation better. My friend Meghann told me to go kick the dog or pinch a baby, I don't want to do that but I am so angry, hurt, you name it. Granted there are pros and cons to every situation. We talked at length last night about finances and what we need to change, do more of, do less of. Incase we do get lucky next year. This effing sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment