Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 37-Xtreme

Back on the P90X wagon as of Saturday. Classic version this time. First workout chest and back one hour of pushups and since I can't do pullups, using a resistance band to substitute the motions and yes thats allowed, they even have a cast member who does it on bands to show you it can be the same. While I do have a pull up bar I cannot do a single pull up! Its easy to see why these people get so ripped so fast doing those but I guess I have nowhere near the upper body strength to do those. Something to work towards I suppose. On the other hand, day 2 was Plyometrics, this is the mother of all cardio. Its an hour of jump training. The last time I tried this workout I made it through only 30 mins of it and had to stop repeatedly cause I was sweating and breathing so hard and my legs were dead. I made it through the WHOLE thing yesterday with only taking the allotted breaks!!! I guess the 30 day shred did prepare me a little by increasing my stamina and endurance. I noticed a lot of these moves are in Jillians workouts as well. So thank you for that I guess. I am really proud of myself. I was still sweating dont get me wrong but I wasn't feeling like I was going to die, whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment