Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sat-Day 14 & Sun-Day 15

Saturday:

Saturday has never taken so long to get here! This is Brandon's only weekend off this month so we are doing a date day! Yay! But not before I completed my 30 day shred workout for the day. And I threw some pilates on top. Determined to not ruin our diets we scoured a few places websites trying to find a lunch that wouldn't totally ruin our weeks worth of work. Well, it wasnt easy. We decided on Chili's. He had the margarita chicken and subbed the rice for veggies. I had the BBQ chicken salad. To my surprise it tastes almost exactly like the quesadilla explosion salad minus the quasadillas and thats our usual choice at Chili's. Well, sure enough it ended up having 50 carbs (expected) but 1000 calories! WTH?! Of course I found that out after I ate it :( Oh well. Next time I will be getting the margarita chicken as well. It didnt have a lot of carbs and was about 350 calories after swapping the rice for veggies. We came home and made a salad for dinner. Compelled by hunger and again, not wanting to ruin the carb thing. We threw some steak quesadilla meat onto this salad, along with bell peppers, guacamole and cheese. After I found out quacamole had like 1 carb I've been putting it on everything lol. I love it anyways. I used to not when I was little, I think it was the color.

We also went shopping and were determined to find some other forms of protein besides chicken and fish. So we found some excellent chicken sausage stuffed with cheese, which were pretty damn good. We also bought a huge bag of pepperjack cheese cubes. Small and easy snack right there.

I also did some research and turns out wine is not bad as far as carbs go either. The downside with wine though is it spikes your blood sugar. Oh well, we bought some organic wine and it was fantastic. It didnt take us long to become red wine drinkers. I used to only like white, red was just too bitter. But after successfully trying more reds the last time we went wine tasting over Thanksgiving break last year, we finally started liking reds more. My fav is definately Cabernet Sauvignon. Organic wine has less sulfites, which are responsible for the "cheap wine" headaches the next day. Red wine especially doesnt need added sulfites, but all wines contain some. Usually European wines tend not to add them. And with organics, there are definately not added weird stuff. There aren't a whole lot of organic wines out there yet but when we find one we try it. So far I have only encountered one bad one, and it was a chardonnay. Can't win em all.

Sunday:

So I didn't do the 30 day shred dvd today but I have been busy washing both cars and vacuuming them out and cleaning the house. Going to the carwash is always a good arm workout cause that little brush thing gets heavy after a few minutes. Needless to say after washing both cars and vacuuming and sweeping and mopping the house, my arms are dead! I even have a blister on one hand, ouch. B's workout for the day is mowing and edging the front and back yards and pulling weeds. Our freaking HOA is crazy picky and sends us hate mail like once a week saying our yard isnt good enough. It actually really pisses me off because they mail these letters, wasting .44cents of the home owners dues mailing these bs letters. If you are driving around picking on peoples yards, why not just put a note on the door? I think its cause we live on a corner we get it so bad. Ok, gotta get back to cleaning for cardio!

No comments:

Post a Comment