Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sat-Day 21

Well, traffic sucked yesterday so by the time I got home from work I really didn't have time to do my workout. I was pissed. I only had time to eat something quickly and then pick up the house a bit before Ashley came to get me. We went to Cru a wine bar in Market Street before we saw the Runaways. Little Dakota Fanning is all grown up and she was great in this movie. And for once Kristen Stewart didn't look miserable and like she was trying to escape her skin. She was good also. This movie was very gritty and raunchy, I'll be honest. So I had an $11 glass of merlot prior to the movie. It was good, clearly you can't stay long at Cru or you will go broke!!

I am stuck in the house today because I either have pink eye or some sort of eye infection. It was a little red Wed and Thurs but when I woke up the next day it was better. But Friday it was super red all day and night and just kept getting worse. This morning it was all nasty. So because my glasses need to be updated I can't wear them but around the house and since B is working I can't really go anywhere. So, today I did my 30 day, FIRM, and pilates workouts. I upped my weights on the 30 day on a few parts. Its the parts that are supposed to be working your back muscles and I felt like I wasn't getting much using 5 lbs so I went up to 8 lbs.

Tonight we are trying something new. Perplexed with the "what can we eat?" question again, we decided to try a seafood place. This is a big step for me because a. I dont like seafood really and b. its because of the huge food poisoning risk with seafood. I have actually found a salmon I like that we buy at Sam's that seasoned and tasty and I can stomach tilapia. I have never paid for seafood at a restaurant before, so here goes nothing!

P.S. On Dr. Oz the other day they were talking about what restaurants don't want you to know. One thing was don't go for the "specials" especially if it involves seafood b/c really its starting to go bad and its the restaurant trying to get rid of it. And if its a soup, the same goes. They will throw anything into soups to use it up when it may not be fresh anymore. Also, never eat tiger shrimp! They are nasty critters that live on the bottom and eat their own poop and other gross stuff. Don't eat them! I hate shrimp anyways they creep me out. Nice to know my fear of seafood wasn't without warrant!

No comments:

Post a Comment